my sweaty palms.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

angrygirl1

my day went well yesterday until this specifically lunatic-looking chinese woman walked into the store to order her drinks.
the thing i've never favoured ever since day one in the f&b line is,
customers who presumed that they wanna order what they want, but wanting to talk on their mobile phones too.
that is what i call, bloody indecisive and clouded.
so what if there're free incoming calls nowadays?
does it even hurt to stop talking for a few minutes, so that i can confirm what you want in order to avoid the wrong drinks being given out?

anyway, back to the chinese woman.

she walked up to me and continued talking on her mobile phone like nobody's business.
well, it is not anyone's business, of course.
but looking at the rate and time she'd taken to decide on what drinks she wanted,
she was gonna be one of those irritating ones who'd hold up the queue.
but i waited in the end; couldnt be bothered to pick a fight or whatsoever.

chinese woman: i want hot mocha.

and she continued talking on the phone.
like, so rude kan?
you wanna order, just order.
starbucks is not like kopitiam where you order kopi si or teh si,
and you'll get just that.
starbucks' drinks are customised, fot God's sake!
i still have to ask what size you'd like, and whether you'd want whipped cream on it.

me: size for that, ma'am?

and she stared at me with her seemingly ugly eyes and shouted, "GRANDE!"
oh my God, is she deprived of basic courtesy or what?
it's not like i screamed at her for the size of her drink.

me: you want whipped cream for your mocha, ma'am?

at this point of time, my patience was running thin.
i still kept my cool, by the way.

chinese woman: NO! I DONT WANT!

and then she jeling-ed me!
what wrong did i do, man?
while other NORMAL customers are able to answer me nicely, why cant she do the same?

chinese woman: i also want ice brewed normal coffee.

me: ok. size for your ice coffee, ma'am?


she glared at me, and looked irritated.

chinese woman: i told you already right! GRANDE! and i want normal coffee, not iced!

BODOH BAHLOL NYE CINONET!
i know you want your mocha in grande size, so you expect me to be telepathic and know that you want your coffee in grande too?

that was not all, ok!
then she continued talking on the phone, criticising me to her friend on the other line!
HELLO, I UNDERSTOOD EVERY SINGLE WORD OF MANDARIN COMING FROM YOU, YOU STUPID NINCOMPOOP!

the thing that got me flared up was, she told her friend that i was stupid. i was asking too many REPETITIVE questions.

kau nk sangat org tk byk soal ngan kau, pegi la beli kopi and mocha at macdonalds, BODOH!
starbucks' drinks are C-U-S-T-O-M-I-S-E-D!
CUSTOMISED, get it!

oh, i overheard her telling her friend in mandarin that she's pissed because her boss sent her an email telling her how her work pace was unsatisfactory.
padan muke kau.

i almost already taking deep breaths, getting ready to snap at her for saying such stuff about me,
but hazli stopped me.
damn.

moral of the story? go learn mandarin. it deems you well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home