my sweaty palms.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

i stayed home the whole of yesterday because i was tired.

me mama


and pulled each and every visible white hair i could find on my mum's head.
everytime i pulled one out, i subconciously realised how she has aged so much,
and how close we've become throughout the years (minus all the fights and silent wars we had, yes, we're close).

i find mums, somehow magical and amazing.
i just cant find a metaphor to describe them.
lets just call mums, "superwoman", okay?

here are a few instances that can justify what im trying to say.
it applies to me, so i dont know about you guys out there.

example one:

many many months ago,
i remembered walking home from boon lay interchange, attempting to hold back my tears.
i recalled clearly i was from esplanade, bumping into the boy who was drunk.
he initiated a break up there and then, so i was feeling all cocked up by the time i got home.
i had to wake my mum up, because i forgot my home keys.
eventually i couldnt take it anymore and just burst out into tears.

like a baby ganyut.
but thats not the point.

she actually accompanied me from 1am to 4.30am,
knowing that she had to wake up early to make breakfast.
i was the one who fell asleep finally, and she couldnt because it was already time for her to wake up.

she sacrificed her sleep just to accompany her heartbroken and crying daughter.

example two:

my mum loves to act strong.
on national day (read my august's archives),
i thought i was going to lose my toe when a fish hook got stuck in my foot for no apparent reason at east coast.
mum couldnt travel all the way from boon lay to changi since dad wasnt in singapore,
so she had to rely on clor and darren to look after me.

i really thought i was going get my toe amputated (choy, touchwood),
so i was calling my mum, crying to her while i was lying in the ambulance.
she didnt cry - in fact she told me to pray to God and be strong.
haha, after the operation she came anyway. with my aunt and uncle.

and i found out from my aunt that mum was crying at home, worried about my condition.

my mother ah.

example three:

she cooks whatever im craving for.
thats why im kind of obese now.

and there're many other examples i can bring forward now,
but by doing that would take me one saturday.
so i shall stop at example three,
and be thankful to God for entrusting me under my mother's care.

she's the best.
(i think the most appropriate closure for this entry would be happy mothers' day. but so tk kena)

teachers seminar later on at orchard hotel,
and some retail therapy with zulaiha - the only person who keeps me sane on saturdays.

i have some love-hate relationship with weekends, you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home