my sweaty palms.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

DSC00174

i like being fat, despite all the criticisms and negative comments hurled at me at certain times.
yes, of course, being fat might make my self-esteem hit rock bottom most of the times,
but there's no harm in being such.
i used to be motivated by criticisms thrown at me back then in secondary school days, and still am.

syafiq used to tell me, "fat people have a choice. they choose to be fat, when they can actually prevent it."
exactly, but who could ever resist ben and jerry's cookie dough and new york fudge chocolate?
having the will to eat seems to be a blessing and a blithe thing to do as of now.

when i feel utterly crestfallen, i have the strong urge to munch something.
and when im feeling happy and high-spirited, i still have the overpowering want to eat.

and i think thats a cool thing to do.

what am i driving at actually?

well, this entry sparked after a mini conversation between a coffeebean cashier and i, which wasnt mutual actually.
i was at coffeen bean with syikin (as seen in the panorama picture above) at 9pm, when i decided to grab a bite accompanied with my blackforest blended while waiting for a friend to arrive.

so i stood in front of a cashier for a good five minutes, and realised that the people there weren't paying attention to my presence.
the cashier had his back faced towards me, and after a tap from a fellow colleague, he decided to turn around and serve me.

being inquisitive and the usual smiley me, i asked whether the mushroom fusilli was available.

"yes, it is. kids one for you? or the adult one?"

i didnt pay much attention to the sarcasm wrapped around his words, so i asked,

"is the adult one too much the serving? i just want something to munch."

the cashier looked at me from top to bottom, and smirked,

"i think for your size, adult one should be the best."

his colleagues started laughing their asses off, and some even asked him to stop fooling around.
i didnt retort back, because it's not me to do that.

"actually, im sharing with my friend," i said.

the cashier tiptoed to look at where i was sitting, and spotted syikin who was seated opposite my bag.

"OH. then if thats the case, you can even have two plates." just because syikin is fat (but cute) too.

then he realised that he was going overboard, and he handed over the cashiering to another girl who was standing next to him.

that didnt impact me much, but i feel that i just needed to share this with you guys.
judging from the image of the cashier (who was a malay-indian mat, by the way), i bet he didnt even finish his secondary school education.

tsk. thats quite sad, considering that he looks so stick-thin, and is working full-time at coffee bean.

you guys know what i learnt after that incident today?
starbucks is so much better than coffee bean in both drinks quality, and customer service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home